Reddish-orange colour becoming increasingly popular in fashion, cosmetics and home furnishings
Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango has been chosen by Pantone to provide us all with an energy boost as we enter 2012. Commenting on the selection Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of Pantone Colour Institute said in a press statement:
"Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy."
Pantone says the colour orange has been growing in popularity in recent years and Tangerine Tango is the perfect attention-getter of everything from fashion to cosmetics, home furnishings and even consumer electronics.
In its Fashion Colour Report 2012, Pantone says brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Nanette Lepore and Adrienne Vittadini will be incorporating Tangerine Tango in their fashion ranges. Pantone has also teamed up with beauty fashion retailer, Sephora "to create an extraordinary collection that will change how consumers wear, feel and think about colour."
Tangerine Orange isn't Pantone's first Colour of the Year, of course. Previous picks have included:
- 2011 -- Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle
- 2010 -- Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise
- 2009 -- Pantone 14-0848 Mimosa
- 2008 -- Pantone 18-3943 Blue Iris
- 2007 -- Pantone 19-1557 Chili Pepper
- 2006 -- Pantone 13-1106 Sand Dollar
- 2005 -- Pantone 15-5217 Blue Turquoise
- 2004 -- Pantone 17-1456 Tigerlily
- 2003 -- Pantone 14-4811 Aqua Sky
- 2002 -- Pantone 19-1664 True Red
- 2001 -- Pantone 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose
- 2000 -- Pantone 15-4020 Cerulean