We're so excited! We're teaming up with .net magazine - the world's biggest selling magazine for web designers - to bring you our first ever conference, Generate!
The event will be held in London on 13 September and feature talks from world-class speakers including grid guru Mark Boulton, designer-philosopher Oliver Reichenstein, mobile web thought leader Stephanie Rieger and author of Responsive Design Workflow Stephen Hay.
More details will be revealed soon, but tickets are likely to sell out fast, so we'd advise you to register your interest here so you don't miss the boat!
WebVisions explores the future of the web and mobile design, UX, digital media and technology in an event that inspires learning, collaboration and entrepreneurism.
- Date: May 22-24 (Portland), Jun 26-28 (Barcelona)
- Location: Oregon Convention Center (Portland), TBA (Barcelona)
- Price: From $425 (Portland), from €275 (Barcelona)
- Focus: Digital media and technology
- Speakers: Douglas Rushkoff (New York), Mark Frauenfelder (Portland), Bruce Lawson (Barcelona)
Beyond Tellerrand is an affordable event held in Germany with intensive workshops and high quality talks for web enthusiasts: design, technology, inspiration and networking. You can see videos of past sessions and speakers on the Beyond Tellerrand Vimeo channel.
- Date: 27 - 29 May
- Location: Capitol Theatre, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Price: From €149
- Focus: Web design inspiration
- Speakers: Josh Brewer, James Victore, Elliot Jay Stocks, Brad Frost, and more to be confirmed
Scotch on the Rocks is an annual gathering of web technologists, bringing together some of the brightest minds from across the globe. Focusing on development, best practices and human experience, the conference has built a reputation as a must-attend event.
- Date: 6 - 7 June
- Location: Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Edinburgh
- Price: £235
- Focus: Development, UX, design
- Speakers: TBA
If UX is your thing, then the annual UX Week is a must. The premier user experience design conference, UX Week allows design professionals from all over the world to gather for four days to discuss community, gain inspiration and to build new skills. 2013 will be the conference's 11th successful year.
- Date: 20 - 23 August
- Location: The Mission Bay Conference Centre, San Francisco
- Price: $1995 - $2695
- Focus: User experience
- Speakers: TBA
Organised by web design gurus Jeffrey Zeldman and Eric Meyer, An Event Apart is an intensely educational two-day conference for passionate practitioners of standards-based web design. If you care about code as well as content, usability as well as design, An Event Apart is a must-attend.
- Date: Varies
- Location: Atlanta / Seattle / San Diego / Boston / Washington DC / Chicago
- Price: Starting from $449
- Focus: Web design
- Speakers: Eric Meyer & Jeffrey Zeldman
Is there a design event you think we should feature? We'll be continually updating this post, so let us know in the comments box below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next page: 3D design events