Now in free beta, Affinity Designer is making waves among professional designers and illustrators. We explain why.Now in free beta, Affinity Designer is making waves among professional designers and illustrators. We explain why.
- The self-styled 'sparkly code princess' chats about progressive enhancement, decentralisation and why he just can’t get excited about computers.
When it comes to your design studio, don't settle for anything less than Corning's revolutionary Thunderbolt™ Optical Cables.When it comes to your design studio, don't settle for anything less than Corning's revolutionary Thunderbolt™ Optical Cables.
- It's still a big buzzword but what's the Internet of Things all about and what does it mean for designers? Dan Frost explains all.
- Daniel Bramhall explains why prototyping is something every designer should do first, including how to get started and how to test a prototype.
- The open source movement involves web designers and developers volunteering their time to make the web a better place. Here are the 11 open source projects we're most excited about.
- Rahul Mistry digs out the hidden treasures amongst the bewildering array of free icons available on the web.
- The author of Adaptive Web Design and ex-WaSP manager discusses his quest to create a mobile web that is accessible to everyone.
- Gene Crawford changes his mind about scroll hijacking and discusses protecting the UX for long scrolling pages.
- Use these 19 popular design patterns and your website visitors will love you!
- Accessibility expert Alastair Campbell is speaking at Generate London on 26 September.
- You no longer need Flash to create web-based animations and interactivity. Here are some of the best experiments in CSS3 animation to inspire you.