Designing a conversational bot for your brand or service is quite an undertaking, and if you're tackling it for the first time then you're likely to need a bit of help to get it right.
If you're just starting out you can follow our guide on how to design a chatbot experience (opens in new tab). It explains the fundamentals of building the user experience for a conversational bot and provides plenty of tips to help guide your design process.
If you want to explore chatbot UI design further, there are plenty of resources available. Here are some of the best:
01. The Ultimate Guide to Chatbots (opens in new tab)
This article by Joe Toscano on Medium explores why chatbots are disrupting UX, and takes a look at some of the best practices for building them.
02. Slack bot directory (opens in new tab)
Slack's app store is a great place to browse bot services that can live within a Slack thread.
03. Bot List (opens in new tab)
A great bot aggregator website, listing new bots added daily across all messaging platforms.
04. Chatbots Magazine (opens in new tab)
Billed as 'the #1 place to learn about chatbots', this is an amazing resource for new best practices and how-to guides.
05. UX Design CC (opens in new tab)
A great source on Medium for bot UX and best practices.
This article originally appeared in net magazine issue 289; buy it here (opens in new tab)!
- How to design a chatbot experience (opens in new tab)
- How the intelligent web will change our interactions (opens in new tab)
- 10 essential TED talks for UX designers (opens in new tab)