Typography is an essential part of any website’s design. It can help you stand out from the crowd, communicate with clarity, and cultivate a distinctive identity. If you want to get stuck in with responsive typography, there’s no substitute for getting stuck in and just doing it. That’s why Packt (opens in new tab) are offering Creative Bloq readers a free download of its book Practical Responsive Typography (opens in new tab) by Darlo Calonaci, a published author and designer who has worked for Gucci and Calvin Klein.
Need something to read your new ebooks on? Check out our guide to the best ereaders (opens in new tab) out now.
- The 100 best free fonts for designers (opens in new tab)
Practical Responsive Typography demonstrates how to use typography to greatest effect – from scaling and optimising screen spaces to using a range of different web fonts (opens in new tab), you'll quickly get up to speed with the practical considerations behind successful typography. You’ll also find out how to go further by customising typography designs to suit your identity.
What you’ll learn:
- Customize and personalize fonts on a responsive website
- Learn how to write CSS3 rules for viewports
- Define media queries and write them using CSS3 and HTML5
- Implement SASS typography techniques to minimize the CSS output and manage the font variables
- Get to grips with dropcaps and learn how to use them effectively on the web
Get your free copy of Practical Responsive Typography here (opens in new tab).