Photography as a form of art needs some source of inspiration from time to time. There are tons of tips and tricks for photographers of how to break your 'out of ideas' mood. I'd like to share my secret source of inspiration - it's Pinterest.
I spend hours day by day surfing for some photography ideas which this social media platform can offer. Moreover, every photographer that have risen to the top will tell you that it's all about who you know and who knows you, just as much as it's about talent, of course. Pinterest is one of the most popular and influential networks today. It gives you a great opportunity to make your photography seen by millions of people at once.
- Also read our selection of brilliant Pinterest boards for designers, and find out how to boost your design career with Pinterest
Since Pinterest's advantages are obvious, let's get inspired! I have collected a selection of awesome Pinterest boards every photographer should follow. If you are not familiar with Pinterest yet, these boards are great to start out with.
01. Jeremy Cowart - Photography Inspiration (opens in new tab)
Jeremy Cowart is a great photographer, artist, humanitarian, app creator, teacher, and blogger. You'll find 55 really awesome boards on his Pinterest page, but Photography Inspiration is one of the best. Here you'll see conceptual portraits, fine art photography, and lots of other brilliant shots from all over the web.
02. PhotoJosh - Photography Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials (opens in new tab)
Photo Josh teaches expert knowledge and techniques to photographers, from beginners through to advanced. Visit his blog Expert Photography to learn more. This board features tons of photography tips and tricks.
03. Photodoto - Photography Tips & Tricks (opens in new tab)
One more board with tips and tricks pins for photographers from Photodoto. Want to know more about photography? Photodoto is a good place to find out fantastic things that you've never thought your camera can do, to get professional answers even to the silliest questions you may have, to share your photos and to be paid compliments from other people.
04. Colette Allen - Photographs Quotes (opens in new tab)
Some of the best pieces of advice in the world are spread via quotes. This Pinterest board contains lots of quotes spiced up with great design and typography for any occasion.
05. Tara Price Photography - Family & Baby Photography (opens in new tab)
If you're a newborn or family photographer, this board was created for you. Here you'll see tons of photography ideas. Tara Price is a great photographer and mother who is worth following.
06. DP School - Posing Ideas (opens in new tab)
Digital Photography School is one of the top photography blogs around the web. In this board a huge amount of posing ideas and tips are featured. It will help you to discover flattering poses for your portrait subjects. Also they have several boards dedicated to the different type of people you may photograph.
07. Photodoto - Photography Inspiration & Showcases (opens in new tab)
Everybody likes to be inspired. Why not treat yourself to a portion of creativity and inspiration right now? As well as offering tips and tricks (see above), Photodoto dishes out inspirational images by the bucketload so jump on board and find out fantastic things.
08. 121 clicks - Art of Photography (opens in new tab)
121Clicks is one more blog about photography. In this board you will find a huge number of fantastic photographs from both famous and amauter photographers.
09. Nancy Young - Photography Tips & Tricks (opens in new tab)
On my own Pinterest page, I collect inspiring, vivid shots and share tips and tricks I've picked up along the way.
10. Theresa L - Camera love (opens in new tab)
If you are a big photography fan, most likely you're in love with a camera itself. This board is dedicated to cameras of all sizes and shapes.
Share Your Own Boards
Hopefully, you have enjoyed the showcase of inspiring Pinterest boards every photographer should follow and start following lots of new boards. Which board do you like most and why? Share your thoughts and the links to your favourite Pinterest boards in the comment section below.
Words: Nancy Young Top Image: Khanh Hmoong (opens in new tab)
Nancy Young is a passionate writer, blogger, and beginner photographer. Follow her blog Photodoto (opens in new tab), which has the tagline 'Photography is for everyone'.
Liked this? Read these!
- The best photo apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
- Photoshop tips, tricks and fixes to try today
- Free Photoshop brushes (opens in new tab) every creative must have
- Free Photoshop actions (opens in new tab) to create stunning effects
Tell us your favourite photography-related Pinterest board in the comments below, and we'll consider it when we update this feature.