This is a new, accesible way to experience art geared towards the blind and visually impaired – allowing them, for the first time, to experience the inspiration, education, and thought-provoking feelings that meaningful art creates.
These 3D printed masterpieces, unlike the originals displayed far from reach in pricey museums may be touched and made freely available worldwide in both a gallery setting and in the comfort of your own home.
With the passion to create equal access for art globally the Unseen team are involving artists from all over the world to re-create classical art paintings in 3D.
3D printing enables people to produce the art in low costs, anyone in the world can download them for free making it accessible wherever there's a 3D printer!
For more information on the project, watch the video below.
Watch the video
Get involved with Unseen Art by supporting their campaign (opens in new tab).
Check out more of our art posts:
- How to draw a bear (opens in new tab)
- How to improve your character drawing (opens in new tab)
- How to choose the right drawing tools (opens in new tab)
- How to draw manga (opens in new tab)
- How to get started with ink drawing (opens in new tab)
- Discover the 5 best pencils (opens in new tab) for artists and designers