The latest edition of .net magazine has just hit the newsstands. In this issue we dig deeper into browsers than ever before. If you’re a performance-conscious developer you’ll love our exploration of the optimisation tools that are built into browsers. We’ll cover topics like:
- Emulate a touch device: building a site for a smartphone inside a browser can be tough, especially if you want to employ swiping. Chrome has tools to help.
- Try Workspace: Chrome has recently added a new feature that allows you to make changes from the developer tools and automatically update your source file.
- Running snippets of code: Chrome, Opera 15 and Firefox let you save snippets so that you can use them again and again.
Whether you’re a beginner, an expert or somewhere in-between you’ll find loads of practical tips to help make your code shine.
Elsewhere in our bumper issue, we delve into the world of super smooth graphics. We’ll explore the causes of jerky visuals and how to make your site work so smoothly that the pickiest of human eyes will be well and truly satisfied.
The issue also includes:
- Understand marketing analytics: how to use data and build a successful brand
- Create slick layouts with Flexbox: the Flexible Box Layout Module is new in CSS. We take it for a test drive and build and app.
- Build HTML wireframes: use the Foundation framework to translate a sketch into a full HTML prototype.
Get the latest issue of .net in your favourite format!
- Printed magazine via My Favourite Magazines and good newsagents (on sale in 4-6 weeks' time outside the UK)
- Newsstand for iOS edition
- Google Play edition
- Kindle Fire HD edition via the Amazon Appstore app
- Zinio edition
- Nook edition