With such busy schedules to keep, you might not have had the chance to catch up on this week's biggest design news stories. Lucky for you, we've rounded them up in this handy little list that'll make sure you get to the good stuff, quickly.
01. Posters sum up designer problems (opens in new tab)
Posters are usually devised for clients, but these ones served instead as creative catharsis. The 10 evocative designs poke fun at common designer problems. Check them out here (opens in new tab): do you identify with any of these issues yourself?
02. Google gives away free comics (opens in new tab)
Google Play Books (opens in new tab) got an upgrade this week designed specifically for comic book fans, altering its viewing capabilities to make it easier to read comics on mobile devices. Download the app now and enjoy several free comics to celebrate these new features, for a limited time only. Find out more here (opens in new tab).
03. HypeForType gives away 30 free fonts (opens in new tab)
To celebrate the upcoming launch of its new website, leading font shop HypeForType (opens in new tab) has made 30 of its iconic, hand-crafted typefaces available for free. Find out how to get them here (opens in new tab).
Here's some other free stuff we shared this week that's still available:
- Free ebook on content wireframing for responsive design (opens in new tab)
- Free font: Rockout (opens in new tab)
- Free font: Balquis (opens in new tab)
- Free font: Lazer 84 (opens in new tab)
04. Motion-capture comes to Xbox (opens in new tab)
Reallusion has brought motion capture out of the film studio and into the front room, by launching the new Mocap Plug-in for Kinect (opens in new tab) for Xbox One, for use with its own iClone 6 Pro (opens in new tab) software. Find out more about it here (opens in new tab).
05. HTML5 causes ad industry crisis (opens in new tab)
HTML5 is proving one big headache for the digital advertising world, says Chris Ball, head of digital at Hogarth Worldwide. Why has this happened, and what can we do about it? Read the article here (opens in new tab).
07. Psychology of logo designs explained (opens in new tab)
Any branding expert will tell you that colours are loaded with subtle messages and meanings that will affect how consumers perceive your products. A new infographic (opens in new tab) from Inc (opens in new tab) explains which colours designers should look out for, as well as the art behind choosing the perfect logo design for your brand. Check it out here (opens in new tab).
Like this? Read these!