A successful web product meets not just the needs of your organisation, but also the needs of your users. Usability testing – done early and often – is a critical way to check stakeholder and web team assumptions. It bridges the gap between what we expect and what people actually do.
In this hands-on, interactive session, you learn how to:
- Decide at what points in product development to perform testing
- Recruit usability testing participants
- Decide whether to test remotely or in an in-house usability lab
- Decide whether to perform moderated or unmoderated testing
- Test on multiple devices
- Create a protocol that is free of bias and gets you the data you need
- Facilitate and record sessions
- Analyse sessions to strategise next-step revisions
For more on the Bearded team, check out our profile of the agency. Bearded's founder, Matt Griffin, will also give a talk at the conference, which follows the workshop day. If you buy a combined workshop and conference pass, you will save $125! But hurry, there are only limited places for the workshops.
Other topics covered at Generate New York include practical frontend solutions, design systems, user research, information architecture, ecommerce and web performance, and productivity hacks.
If you can't make it to the NYC conference, there's also one in San Francisco on 9 June. Tickets are on sale now!