There are so many frontend tools and workflows that picking the right system can be overwhelming. In the first of a two-part series, Adam Simpson and Neil Renicker outline a comprehensive tool belt consisting of an editor, version control system, preprocessor, task runner and static site generator, and work through their reasoning for picking each tool.
Our interview this month is with designer and artist Brendan Dawes, who tells Martin Cooper about his passion for finding the stories hidden in data.
On top of all that, we have our usual mix of inspirational new work, practical advice, informed analysis and thought-provoking comment.
How to get hold of net issue 255
- Printed magazine via My Favourite Magazines (opens in new tab) and good newsagents (on sale in 4-6 weeks' time outside the UK)
- Newsstand for iOS edition (opens in new tab)
- Google Play edition (opens in new tab)
- Kindle Fire HD edition via the Amazon Appstore app (opens in new tab)
- Zinio edition (opens in new tab)
- Nook edition (opens in new tab)