Vertex (opens in new tab), our one-day event bringing the CG community together, is nearly upon us. We have so much on offer that we can't wait to share with you, but in the meantime here are our top three things to start getting excited about.
If you haven't picked up your ticket (opens in new tab) yet, do so today and join us on 13th March at Olympia London. Don't forget you can get a free pass to the expo area, where you can see some talks, access the Ask An Artist area and more – just make sure you register for your free ticket (opens in new tab).
01. World-class speakers(opens in new tab)
Our headline speakers (opens in new tab) are some of the most inspirational industry leaders around. We've got co-founder of Digital Domain Scott Ross (opens in new tab) talking about British VFX after Brexit; Chaos Group's Chris Nichols (opens in new tab) on Digital Humans; Ben Morris (opens in new tab) from ILM on the VFX behind Star Wars: The Last Jedi and much more.
Not only do we have amazing speakers on the main stage and great workshops, though, we also have fantastic talks lined up for you in the free expo area. There's no charge, but don't forget to register for your free ticket (opens in new tab).
This area will also host a talk from The Mill's Will MacNeil, titled Adventures in Procedural Design. MacNeil is an award-winning motion graphics designer and animator, and he's worked across a broad range of projects in VR, installations, music videos and commercials. His recent clients include Lush, Vue Cinemas, Sony PlayStation and Huawei.
We also have Maxon's Jonas Pilz talking about Cinema 4D MoGraph, Blue Zoo talking about the making of their animated shorts, DoveTail Games' Jess Magnus talking about Environment Art for Games and Career Progression, and much more.
02. There are 15 amazing prizes to be won
15 Vertex attendees could be lucky enough to win one of the incredible prizes our partners have on offer. We will be announcing the winners after the panel, so stick around to see if it's you – and, of course, to attend our networking event (opens in new tab), where you can mingle with the best in the industry.
- 1x Forest Pack licence from iToo Soft
- 1x RealFlow 10 from Next Limit
- 1x RealFlow | Cinema 4D 2 from Next Limit
- 1x Maxwell 4 (Studio and/or any of the integration plugins available)
- 1x ftrackftrack Studio account with 10 users for 12 months subscription (worth $2,400)
- 1x Escape Studios' Intro to Houdini course in 2018
- 1x Escape Studios Taster Day voucher
- 1x Blackmagic Filmmaker’s kit (URSA Mini 4K, with Fusion and DaVinci Resolve Studio)
- 1x License of KeyShot Pro, worth $1,995.
- 3x six-month access to AnimDojo
- 2x X-Particles and Cycles 4D licenses from Insydium
- 1x PullItDown Pro Licence worth 400 EUROS from Thinkinetic
03. Get one-on-one time with pro artists(opens in new tab)
In our Ask An Artist (opens in new tab) area, you can spend some one-on-one time with talented people in the industry, who will answer those burning questions or workflow problems you have.
We have lined up...
Valentina Rosselli, MPC – texturing technical director
Joel Best, Framestore – generalist technical director
Andrew Baggarley, Dneg – surfacing lead
Zakaria Boumediane, Framestore – senior environment technical director
Stephen Molyneaux – freelance concept artist
Ant Ward – generalist and 3D World contributor(opens in new tab)