Let's face it, there's no better way to spend a bit of weekend downtime than grabbing a nice cup of tea and watching one of your favourite documentary films for designers.
And here's another to add to the list. Lucas Benarroch & Gonzalo Hergueta, two New York-based graphic designers from Madrid, have just released their new 24-minute documentary 83M80 Letterpress in the Digital Era, and you can watch it right here (see above).
This beautifully made documentary explores different topics of design, such as the influence of technology, the relevance of errors and the visual tendencies generated from developing technologies. Recipient of a Type Directors Club certificate for typographic excellence, the film features contributions from:
- graphic designer Alex Trochut
- graffiti writer Felipe Pantone
- letterpress extraordinaire Earl Kallemeyn
- glitch specialist Shay Moradi
Love Letterpress? Love design? Then this doc should be right up your street: let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Liked this? Read these!
- Get started with letterpress printing
- Top examples of letterpress business cards
- Free graphic design software available to you right now!