Certain areas of CG, such as hair, take more dedication to truly become an expert in than others. The latest issue of 3D World features a fundamentals piece that teaches you the underlying principles, as well as a masterclass video lesson from our cover artist.
Features this issue include:
- How VFX company Image Engine helped to realise Neill Blomkamp’s vision for his action-crammed sci-fi thriller, Elysium
- Highlights from Siggraph 2013
- The CG Awards 2013
- A look at Andrew Hickinbottom’s polygon pinups
Training this issue includes:
- ZBrush training
Lead modeller Daniel Bysted shows how human hair modelling can transform your characters.
Hair and fur systems help your models come to life and have a lot of other uses throughout 3D.
- Lightwave 3D 11
Demonstrating how to create a traditional Asian-style home using LightWave 3D 11.
On test this issue:
- Photoshop CC
- 3ds Max 2014
- Scan 3XS GW-HT10
3D World 174 is on sale now in these editions:
- Printed magazine via My Favourite Magazines and good newsagents (on sale in 4-6 weeks' time outside the UK)
- Newsstand for iOS edition via the 3D World Magazine app
- Google Play edition
- Kindle Fire HD edition via the Amazon Appstore app
- Zinio edition
- Nook edition