We probably like this app for its name (in full: Photochop - Chop Up and Distort Your Photos (opens in new tab)) as much as for its function. It's a cheap and cheerful little tool for mucking about with pictures; the latest in a long line of photo editing apps. Simply pick a snap from your iPhone's photo library, chop it up into a set of tiles and then go crazy.
You can either work directly with the tiles, dragging them around, rotating and resizing them to create a collage effect, or there's a warp mode that works in the same way but results in a distorted image rather than a collage.
Obviously it's nothing you can't easily do in any image editing app in a couple of minutes and you'll be hard pushed to find a serious application for it, but it's a fun graphical toy to have in your pocket.
- Works with: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Price: $0.99/£0.69
- Developer: Big Bucket Software
- Version: 1.0
- App size: 3.2 MB
- Age rating: 4+
Words: Jim McCauley
Liked this? Read these!
- Selection of creative fonts - and they don't cost a penny
- Great examples of doodle art (opens in new tab)
- Create a perfect mood board (opens in new tab) with these pro tips
Seen an excellent creative app? Tell us in the comments!