The dominance of mobile has forever altered the web design landscape, and the effectiveness of card-based techniques in responsive design is stronger than ever.
The free pocket guide Card-based Design Patterns (opens in new tab) by the wireframing & prototyping tool UXPin (opens in new tab) focuses on the most effective techniques and best practices for bite-sized web UI design.
The straightforward writing style supports quick reading without skimping on the content. This crash course in cards uses expert advice backed by thorough research, illustrating its points through 19 real-life examples from such companies as Google, Trello, Bezar, and Dribbble.
Download this free pocket guide, and you’ll learn:
- A brief history of cards and why they’re practical as well as popular
- How to adapt the use of cards to fit any style of website
- An honest comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of card UI patterns
- Why cards patterns are so effective for responsive design
- A collection of guidelines and best practices for implementing cards yourself
- A handpicked list of the 10 best tools and resources for cards
Download the free pocket guide (opens in new tab)
Like this? Read these...
- 3 ways to create website mockups (opens in new tab)
- How to start a blog
- Download the best free fonts (opens in new tab)