We all know that Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a cinematic smash hit, but behind the film's phenomenal success was some of the most creative marketing movies have ever seen. To raise awareness of the film for fans both old and new, digital boutique Watson/DG (opens in new tab) created custom graphics for social channels, complete with retro fonts (opens in new tab) that are reminiscent of the original trilogy's vintage posters (opens in new tab).
Designed to get moviegoers even more riled up for the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (if that's even possible), Watson/DG was tasked with creating engaging content that could be shared with a legion of excited fans online.
Including countdown cards and character profiles, these graphics beautifully combine static images and videos with typography to create designs that leap off the screen. Explore a selection of Watson/DG's work below, or see the whole project by visiting their site (opens in new tab).
Liked this? Read these!
- Check out these beautiful blocks of pixel art (opens in new tab) perfection
- See some stunning examples of kinetic typography (opens in new tab)
- How to improve your character drawing (opens in new tab)
- We reveal the best web fonts (opens in new tab) for yout site
- These free textures (opens in new tab) will add depth to your designs