The journey to creating a slick finished product is never a smooth one, with designers often having to juggle the expectations of a creative director (opens in new tab) and the demands of the customer. No wonder it's difficult to even get started with a mood board (opens in new tab) of ideas. To give you an idea of the chaos, Paragon Innovations (opens in new tab) created this hilarious comic.
Created back in 2005, this witty little comic is still relevant over ten years down the line. Using a tree swing as an instantly relatable symbol, this strip represents the different ideas various parties bring to the table when designing a product.
Nobody gets off the hook, with the ridiculous suggestions of programmers, project leaders and business consultants each getting a look in. And the final punchline? The customer always just wants a simple, practical solution after all.
Liked this? Read these!
- Read our selection of the finest free ebooks (opens in new tab) for designers
- The beginner's guide to flat design (opens in new tab)
- Get to grips with the golden ratio (opens in new tab) in this easy guide
- Check out these great examples of negative space (opens in new tab)
- Top examples of experimental design (opens in new tab)