Struggling to get your head around SEO? Here, chief executive officer at Builtvisible (opens in new tab) and optimisation expert Richard Baxter shares his favourite SEO blogs to help you find your feet.
01. Yoast (opens in new tab)
Joost De Valk's Yoast needs little introduction, especially if you're a WordPress user. This site is the authority on WordPress SEO and SEO development best practices.
02. Search Engine Land (opens in new tab)
Danny Sullivan and his team at Search Engine Land are a really useful one-stop shop for all things search.
03. Moz (opens in new tab)
Rand Fishkin and his Moz team write across a wide range of search engine marketing disciplines, and their toolset is amongst the best for SEO on the planet.
04. SEO by the Sea (opens in new tab)
I've never met Bill Slawski, but I've followed him for so long I feel like I know him. Bill is the authority on Search Engine patents, making his site a powerful insight into the future of search.
05. David Naylor (opens in new tab)
I've learned a lot from industry heavyweight Dave over the years. Keep track of his thoughts here.
06. Distilled (opens in new tab)
Distilled is our favourite industry competitor and our favourite industry friend. This blog has lots of actionable insights in digital marketing.
07. Builtvisible (opens in new tab)
This is our blog! Started in 2008 as SEOgadget, we've grown up and like to cover advanced, technical, research and creative content topics.
Words: Richard Baxter
This article originally appeared in net (opens in new tab) issue 258.
Like this? Read these!
- Our favourite web fonts – and they don't cost a penny
- Brilliant Wordpress tutorial (opens in new tab) selection
- How to build an app (opens in new tab): try these great tutorials