In 3D World issue 181 you'll discover the best courses to take in order to train for your dream job, as it takes an in-depth look at the brilliant facilites on offer at the DAVE school (opens in new tab), Bournemouth University (opens in new tab), Media Design School (opens in new tab)and Amersham & Wycombe College (opens in new tab). Plus, leading professionals from video games, film, arch-viz and animation gather to share their advice on creating a standout portfolio and showreel.
The debate continues as leading art directors from Sony, DreamWorks, advertising, TV animation and film production meet to discuss the state of the industry: they share their tips to getting noticed, landing your first job and more!
One good way to get noticed is to attend one of the many live events. From Siggraph to FMX we explore the rise of the CG conference and why you need to be there in 2014.
Tutorials this issue cover realistic fur, mixing organic and hard surfaces in ZBrush modelling and controlling light sources in LightWave scenes. Plus, don't miss the second part of Dan Crossland’s Anatomy tutorial on modelling a human figure.
Features this issue include:
- Six professional matte painters share their advice and projects
- In The Frame - leading art directors debate how to break into the CG industry
- The Pro Guide to Better Portfolios - experts from animation, games and film share their tips
- 2014 course guide - which training course should you choose in 2014?
Training this issue includes:
- Maya - create realistic hair and fur using Yeti.
- ZBrush - model a motorbike using mixed techniques
- Key Technique: Photoreal rendering
- Set up and use V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max
- Core skill: Colour theory - tips to getting more from your colour choices
- LightWave - control light sources in a scene
- Artist Q&A - create key art, render a still life, character pipelines and more
On test this issue:
- Vue Infinity 2014
How to get hold of 3D World #181
- Printed magazine via My Favourite Magazines (opens in new tab) and good newsagents (on sale in 4-6 weeks' time outside the UK)
- Newsstand for iOS edition via the 3D World Magazine app (opens in new tab)
- Google Play edition (opens in new tab)
- Kindle Fire HD edition via the Amazon Appstore app (opens in new tab)
- Zinio edition (opens in new tab)
- Nook edition (opens in new tab)