We all know the old saying "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover," but the team at Rock Paper Books (opens in new tab) think that you shouldn't have to look past a good cover, either. That's why they've teamed up with 30 artists to create modern, reimagined editions of classic books. And, using their best pencils (opens in new tab) and photo editing software (opens in new tab), they've come up with some killer designs!
Having already completed a successful round of fundraising, Rock Paper Books are back with a new Kickstarter project (opens in new tab) to help finance 30 more cover designs. With 12 already completed, including favourite titles such as Pride and Prejudice, Flatland, and Tarzan of the Apes, they now need backing to finish the remaining designs and support their publication.
The team hopes these covers will encourage a new generation of readers to discover classic titles, as well as giving book fans a reason to revisit their favourites. Get a taste of what to expect from Rock Paper Books by exploring the concept art below.
And don't forget, we're looking for the world's best cover designs (opens in new tab), so if you like the look of Rock Paper Books' work, be sure to vote for them!
Liked this? Read these!
- These vintage posters (opens in new tab) showcase the best in design
- These Adobe Illustrator tutorials (opens in new tab) will keep you busy for days
- View these stunning examples of pointilism (opens in new tab)
- Learn paper craft (opens in new tab) with this simple guide
- Top examples of experimental design (opens in new tab)