The difference between good design and great design is the emotional response from the user. Web interfaces must go beyond usability to tell stories, but this requires a sharp skillset to master the visual subtleties.
The Visual Storyteller's Guide to Web UI Design explains everything a designer needs to know to design websites with rich narrative. This book is available free to download from the prototyping app UXPin, as part of their free design library.
- How to design sites to lure people into long-term engagement
- The 3 types of storytelling imagery — iconic, symbolic, and indexical — and how to apply each to web UI design
- How to use illustrations, mascots, rich backgrounds, and gamification to immerse users in the UX
- How to create and execute “visual game plan” beforehand
- Analysis of different styles of visual storytelling, and which one works best for certain projects
- How to develop your own personal visual style
- Interactive design techniques for web storytelling
It's worth checking out and reads fairly quickly since it's example-driven. Download this free ebook now.
Liked this? Try these...