Inside the latest issue of 3D World (opens in new tab), you'll discover how to set up and send files to a 3D printer, create a model for 3D print, navigate the technology and find out which printer is right for you. It's your one-stop shot at getting started in 3D printing!
Get the new issue now (opens in new tab)!
The issue's tutorial section is filled with new techniques to learn too - including how to create the issue's stunning mech cover using Maya, ZBrush, Arnold and plug-in Pulldownit. This issue also offers easy to follow step-by-step tutorials to concept mech designs in ZBrush, recreate camera lens effects in Cinema 4D and create animated logos in LightWave.
The issue's Develop section covers evaluating a particle system, Pixar's hair research and film legend Jon Landau reveals the future of virtual production for films, including Avatar 2.
Features this issue include:
- Virtualised Reality - the future is in virtual production, but what is it?
- 3D Print the Future - all you need to know about 3D Printing
- Another Block in the Wall - How Animal Logic animated The Lego Movie
- Portfolio Interview - the career of 3D illustrator Markus Vogt
- A brave new curl - the latest on Pixar’s hair technology
Training this issue includes:
- Maya: Build a mech in a futuristic scene
- ZBrush: Sculpt realistic cloth with ZBrush
- Cinema 4D: Core skills - Camera lens effects
- 3ds Max: An insight into game character production
- ZBrush: Create a detailed model for 3D printing
- ZBrush: Master CG mech concept design
- Lightwave: Flocking agents from one object to another