Learning basic artistic rules is the first step in becoming a successful illustrator. But with so many resources available that aim to teach you how to draw (opens in new tab), aspiring creatives can be overwhelmed by their options. Fortunately the latest book from Manchester studio Draw Like A Boss (opens in new tab) covers everything fledgling artists need to know.
Following on from the success of their online resources, Draw Like A Boss have now launched a Kickstarter (opens in new tab) to fund the release of their first printed book.
Two years in the making, the self-titled Draw Like A Boss book is packed with demonstrations and advice on how to grow and progress as an artist.
"Where this book differs from other 'how to draw books' is that we take a look at contemporary ideas, new ways of building a drawing from scratch," explain the authors Ash and Eli. "It's a more organic process because in a sense we come to feel that we are growing a drawing, rather than mechanically constructing it part by part."
With just over three weeks left until the campaign runs out, there's still plenty of time to support the project on Kickstarter.
Check out more of our art posts:
- How to draw a bear (opens in new tab)
- How to improve your character drawing (opens in new tab)
- How to choose the right drawing tools (opens in new tab)
- How to draw manga (opens in new tab)
- How to get started with ink drawing (opens in new tab)
- Discover the 5 best pencils (opens in new tab) for artists and designers