With such busy schedules to keep, you might not have had the chance to catch up on this week's biggest design news stories. Lucky for you, we've rounded them up in this handy little list that will make sure you get to the good stuff, quickly.
01. 2015's most popular colours revealed (opens in new tab)
It's the time of year when Shutterstock (opens in new tab) get their team togther to find out which colours have been the most popular over the past year. So, who came out on top? Well, blues and greens had a very good 12 months – are they the same shades you've seen dominating the design world?
02. What really happens when you drink coffee (opens in new tab)
After the coca-cola and big mac infographics that aimed to ruin everything that is delicious and fun in the world, we treaded carefully when we came across this coffee infographic. I Love Coffee (opens in new tab) decided to put this handy one together to show what the good stuff actually does to us (don't worry, it's not so bad).
03. New notebook range for type lovers (opens in new tab)
Notebooks are a designer's best friend. That's just the way things are. Perfect for scribbling and doodling, the perfect notebook can be hard to come by. Thankfully, for all you typographers and font-lovers out there, Fabriano Boutique (opens in new tab) have released a range of beautiful type inspired notebooks.
4. Free UX (opens in new tab) and Responsive Web Design ebooks released (opens in new tab)
Everyone loves free stuff, right? Of course you do! You're in luck then, as this week sees not one but two free web design ebooks available to download. Focusing on UX and responsive web design, there'll be tips, tricks and helpful hints that will allow you to be the best UX-er around.
05. Exclusive preview of Jamie Hewlett's new Saatchi exhibition (opens in new tab)
Are you excited? You should be! Jamie Hewlett will be showcasing his very first art exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery in London. The English comic book artist is as the co-creator of Tank Girl and Gorillaz so expect a lot of inspiration to come from this one.
06. Amazing tattoo reveals UK's most inked cities (opens in new tab)
We've showcased some awesome tattoos (opens in new tab) in our time on Creative Bloq. But here's something a little different. This amazing infographic-style tattoo showcases the UK's biggest tattoo hotspots, and reveals the most popular body art designs chosen by the British public.
07. Paper Dandy returns with horror kirigami (opens in new tab)
Marc Hagan-Guirey aka Paper Dandy (opens in new tab) has made quite a name for himself through the art kirigami (it's like origami but with cutting!). After his Star Wars exhibition, he's returned with a new exhibition and accompanying book: Horrorgami: 20 Gruesome Scenes to Cut and Fold (opens in new tab).
08. New road safety campaign takes a light-hearted approach (opens in new tab)
Road safety is no joke but this new Think! campaign takes a light hearted approach that gets the right sort of attention. Created by AMV BBDO, the commercial features farm animals that aims to remind people to brake before the bend – not on it. What do you make of it?
Like this? Read these!
- The 43 best Photoshop plugins (opens in new tab)
- 100 amazing Adobe Illustrator tutorials (opens in new tab)
- 13 artists changing the face of horror (opens in new tab)