Not just the preserve of drunken nights out, matching tattoos are a popular way to mark your commitment to your other half. While some of these designs go sickeningly all-out on the slush factor, others are more subtle, fun, and perhaps even tasteful enough to dodge the laser should you break up (not that you will, obviously).
64. Pizza tattoos(opens in new tab)
There’s no better way of combining your love of your partner with your love of pizza. This cute design may be a little cheesy for some.
65. Sun and moon tattoos(opens in new tab)
If you’re getting married, you might want to make things even more permanent with ring finger tattoos. This sun and moon tattoo design is a sweet way to show off your love.
66. Chatty tattoos(opens in new tab)
Your best pal is always there to listen when you need it most. When you’re far away from each other, this simple tattoo design will remind you that they’re always there.
67. King and queen tattoos(opens in new tab)
Be the king and queen of all couples with these minimalist playing-card inspired tattoo designs. It’s best to keep it simple, especially when placed on the hands or wrists.
68. Fox tattoos(opens in new tab)
These playful partner tattoos are great if you’re thinking of getting a couples' tattoo on your leg. The hand-drawn, sketchy style and clever shading make these particularly beautiful.
69. Colour mode tattoos(opens in new tab)
If you’re looking for something with a designer twist, you couldn’t opt for anything better than these cute colour mode pieces (you might recognise these as belonging to Jessica Hische and Russ Maschmeyer). If you're screen-based, go for RBG, while print designers are more likely to favour CMYK.
70. Heart tattoos(opens in new tab)
How about combining your couples tattoo design with your favourite show? This Game of Thrones-inspired piece is a great way to show off two of the things you love.
- 3 tips for designing tattoos (opens in new tab)
- What happens when tattoo design meets illustration (opens in new tab)
- 13 incredible examples of watercolour tattoo art (opens in new tab)