Over the last few months, we've been running an exciting competition for creative professionals, in partnership with HP, Nvidia, and 2000 AD.
We've been challenging you to create a new title sequence, film poster, main shot or ident for one of 2000 AD's most iconic characters: Rogue Trooper. Now all the entries are in, and we're pleased to reveal the shortlist for all to see.
The competition will now enter a public voting phase, and we're asking Creative Bloq readers to help us the select the very best entries via the Masters of CG website (opens in new tab).
To entice you to vote, we're offering you the chance to win an HP Slate 7 Plus. For your chance to win this great prize you simply need to register and vote. The winner will be picked at random from all registered voters. Note that only one vote is permitted per category.
Once the public vote is in, the most popular entries will then be sent to our panel of industry judges, who'll make the final decision on each category winner, and on the winning team overall.
Judging takes place Aug 11 and the winning contestants will be notified on Sep 01.(opens in new tab)
So make sure you vote today, and why not share your views on your favourite entries via the #MastersofCG (opens in new tab) hashtag on Twitter?
*The Competition is open to any persons who are over 18 years of age at the closing date of the Competition; and (i) are resident in Europe. Full terms and conditions below.
1. These rules and any other rules specified by Future Publishing Limited or any of its group of companies (the “Company”) from time to time (“Competition Rules”) apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Company (“Competition”). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
2. All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
3. Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per household. Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor of the Competition. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
4. The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
5. Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all GB residents of 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
6. By entering a Competition you:
• a. grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition sponsor(s) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
• b. acknowledge that, where the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you are disclosing information to the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) and not to Facebook Ireland Limited or Facebook, Inc. (together “Facebook”);
• c. grant the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
• d. accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and its licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
• e. waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
• f. warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
7. You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
8. If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
9. The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
10. If you are a winner of a Competition:
• a. the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
• b. you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
11. If the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you agree to release Facebook, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition.
12. Unless otherwise stated, the Company is the promoter of the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
13. If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.
14. These Competition Rules and each Competition are governed by English law. Any disputes arising between the Company and any third party in relation to these Competition Rules and/or a Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (save that the Company shall be entitled to take action against a third party in any other jurisdiction).